The official FAQ contain many information.
- The most important part for users and developers. Here you get answers to
your questions and can exchange view and proposals. If you think eclipse
is great, praise the folks at oti and other contributors as well, they like
and deserve it.
- There is a searchable online archive. http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.tools/maillist.html
- The MAIN newsgroup is eclipse.tools, your first messages should be posted
- the mailingslists are used for development topics ONLY
- there are many mailing lists (too many imo) for developers , look into the
archives to see what is discussed there. It is not so easy to find out which
feature is provided by which plugin.
- Do you think you have found a bug? Do you have a great feature in mind? Fill a bug-
or an enhancements request. Please get informed how to write a really useful bug report.
Look if your bug is already reported, I know it is
not easy but try at least the quick search. Consider to post to the newsgroup
if you think a bug or an enhancement deserves a bit more attention.
- There is a good search page for searching the web site, news and mailing lists.